The organizations has come passed of different challenges and obstacles during the long period, like disaster, pressure from fundamentalist, changing of GoB policies time to time, political unrest, some other social taboo and also fund constraints etc. So that progress of Samadhan is slow in comparison with its working experience and duration, but still the organization is working with heartiest commitment and devotion of the team by facing different challenges & overcoming obstacles gradually, really those are the development barrier to obtain of certain goal. Now Samadhan is a successful organization in Southwest region of Bangladesh. Day by day it grows perfectly and increasing the name, fame and acceptance in locally, nationally and internationally also along with its funding agencies. The following are the progress and gradual growth of Samadhan by 5 years slab.
- Received one new project named “Food Security 2012 Bangladesh Ujjibito from European Union through Palli Karma Sahayak Foundation (PKSF), which will be continued till 2019.
- Samadhan got best performance award with amounting BDT-25000.00 from Bangladesh NGO Foundation
- Received fund support for Samadhan Health Service Center from Bangladesh NGO Foundation.
- Received fund from European Commission Human Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO) through CARE-Bangladesh for the project of “Emergency Food Security and livelihood Support (EFSLS) for Tala Upazila.
- Received fund from European Commission Human Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO) through Concern Worldwide for the project of “Emergency Food Security/livelihood Support (EFSLS) for Keshabpur Upazila.
- Received fund from UKaid from the Department of International Development through Concern Worldwide against the project of “Flood REsistant SHelter for South-West region in Bangladesh (FRESH) for Keshabpur and Monirampur Upazila under Jessore district.
- Received fund from UKaid from the Department of International Development through CARE-Bangladesh against the project of “Flood REsistant SHelter for South-West region in Bangladesh (FRESH) for Tala Upazila under district.
- Samadhan got selection by the UNDP for implementation of direct partnership project in Bangladesh.
- Newly extended 02 nos. micro credit branch offices one in Churamankati and another one is Hashimpur under Jessore Sadar Upazila under Jessore district under the financial and technical support of PKSF.
- Covered and involved 3364 nos. beneficiaries in seasonal income generating activities by providing Tk. 60,276,565/=
- Received fund from CARE-Bangladesh against of Emergency Food Security livelihood and Support Project (EFSLSP) for Cyclone AILA Affected Poor and Marginal People of Koyra Upazila.
- Made surplus with amounting Tk. 37,934,411/= in micro finance program.
- Purchased of 0.37 acre of land at top most forward place in Keshabpur Upazila under Jessore district
2006 to 2010
- Received fund from European Commission Human Aid Office (ECHO) through CARE-Bangladesh against the project of “Early Recovery Assistance to Cyclone AILA Affected Poor and Marginal People of Bangladesh.
- Established partnership with CARE-Bangladesh.
- Increased fund flow from PKSF against Rural Micro Credit, Micro Enterprise, Agriculture sector development support, Seasonal loan.
- 2009-2010 fiscal year is the memorable year for Samadhan, as because Samadhan is implementing one project in Koyra upazila under Khulna district, which area is actually new for Samadhan.
- Extended two nos. new Credit branch by the support of PKSF.
- Received fund from PKSF on Agriculture sector development.
- Extended one new branch office in Keshabpur upazila under microfinance sector.
- Received Vehicle (Land Rover Discovery) support from European Commission Humanitarian Aid Office (ECHO) as forever donation.
- Received 2nd phase fund from Bangladesh NGO Foundation against the project of “End Domestic Violence against women and children”.
- Received fund from Bangladesh NGO Foundation against the project of “End Domestic Violence against women and children”.
- Received fund from Concern Worldwide Bangladesh against “Preparedness for Effective Emergency Response (PEER)”.
- Received fund from UNDP, DFID and EC through CDMP against the project of “Ensuring Risks Management Framework in Local Disaster Risks Reduction Action Plan (ERMF-LDRRAP).
- Developed Integrated Local Disaster Risk Reduction Action Plan (LDRRAP) by the support of Comprehensive Disaster Management Programme (CDMP).
- Implemented local disaster risk reduction action plans by the assistance of United Nations Project services Office (UNOPS) and financed by UNDP/DFID.
- Received fund from UNDP, DFID and EC through CDMP against the project of “Reducing Livelihood Risks of Poor and Marginal People in Bhabadaha Catchments Areas of Southwest Bangladesh in the context of Waterlogging, Flooding and Long Term Climate Change Impacts”
- Developed formal partnership with Area Development Organization (ADO), Ma o Shishu Shastha Foundation (MSSF) and Progoti Samaj Kallyan Sangstha (PSS).
- Got approval for area extension from Social Welfare department, especially for Jhinaidaha, Khulna, Satkhira, Magura, Norail and Jessore district over Bangladesh.
- Constructed 2nd floor and established residential training center at Keshabpur adjacent Samadhan head office with 40 people’s accommodation like lodging, food and Hall room support along with necessary equipments like air cooler, multi media etc.
- Extended and opened branch offices at Kalaroa, Monirampur, Rajganj and Keshabpur sadar under Jessore and Satkhira district.
- Received certificate on Membership of the Micro Credit Summit from Washington D.C
- Received License as Micro Finance Institution from Bangladesh Bank bearing certificate number- 03073-00100-00006 & MRA-0000006, dated-September 05, 2007.
- Relief operation in different Waterlogging union under Monirampur and Keshabpur upazila in Jessore district and Kalaroa & Tala Upazila under Satkhira district with the financial and technical support from World Food Program, UNICEF, NGO- Forum, Islamic relief, European Commission Humanitarian Aid Office through Concern worldwide Bangladesh, and as well as UNDP/DFID through Comprehensive Disaster Management Programme (CDMP)
- Received fund from PKSF on livelihood Restoration Project.
- Received fund from European Commission through UTTARAN on Civic awareness project.
- Received fund from Sight severs International through UTTARAN on Bangladesh Childhood Cataract Campaign program.
2001 to 2005
- Developed different policy guides-lines for smooth running of the organization.
- Received fund from CIDA through CARE Bangladesh against Reducing Vulnerability to Climate Change (RVCC) project.
- Formulated large solidarity with UP, School & college teacher, Journalist, ex. Parliamentarian Advocates and some other civil society for addressing local issues mainly related to Climate Change and mobilize them to raise that issue to the respective department of GOB.
- Developed linkage and got technical and financial support from CARE– BANGLADESH against cages culture.
- Emergency response program assisted by NGO Forum, Concern Bangladesh and GSK.
- Extended one new branch office at Hasanpur.
- Social movement to established healthy living environment i.e. free from any water logged condition caused by the siltation of riverbed, re-excavation of cannel, construction of embankment and introduce the TRM systems applicable where. Submission of memorandum and round table meeting with honorable Ministry of water.
- Received fund from PKSF on Micro Enterprise Development.
1996 to 2000
- Affiliated with different apex bodies like ADAB, FoRAM, CDF, GANET-SA, Micro credit summit etc.
- Received foreign fund from Caritas-Japan.
- Developed linkage and partnership project with fund from BRAC, PROSHIKHA-MUK, Dhaka Ahsania Mission, PKSF, and NGO Forum for DWSS.
- Re-name the title of the organization as “Samadhan” instead of Jana Kallyan Sangstha (JAKOS) to avoid overlapping in NGO Affairs Bureaus.
- Linkage and networking with other like minded NGOs.
- Formulated new policies manual better management.
- Emergency response supported by NGO Forum, Proshika, and Uttaran.
- Extended new working areas in Satkhira district.
- Purchased land adjacent Upazila Parishad for head office.
- Constructed new office building at own purchased land near Upazila Parishad.
- Started computer-training center with prior approval from respective authority.
1991 to 1995
- Got registration from social well-fare Department.
- Developed linkage with UN bodies like World Food Program (WFP)
- Received fund from World Food program (WFP) against social Forestation
- Purchased land and Constructed organizational own office building in Mujgunnii village, from where the organization established.
- Started rural micro credit by mobilizing group fund and organizational own fund.
- Established organizational tree Nursery program
- Formulated men and women groups at grassroots level
- Fund generation and mobilize the group savings.
1987 to 1990
- Emergency rescue, relief and post flood rehabilitation support provided by mobilizing local resources.
- Increase acceptance, trust and believe being Samadhan as an organization.
- Developed linkage with Local govt. and administration and other like-minded organization/ agency
- Mobilized fund for vulnerable people of the areas.
- Realized the need of legality of the organization